Bananas are one of my all time fav fruits, can never go wrong! BUT I’ve also never really been a baker, HOWEVER my dad taught me this recipe when I was young & it’s been a biggg hit ever since…(this is legitimately the ONLY cake i can whip up that my guests won’t barf over).
I know, I know…. nearly every Tom, Dick & Harry can make this, buuttt it’s the secret to EVERY birthday, party, picnic & dessert plate. If your after something yummy, fun and SO easy to make why not give it a go?
Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 50mins
Makes: 20 Servings
~You will need~
1 1/2 C Sugar
250g Softened Butter
1-1 1/2 C Small Choc Chips
2C Mashed Banana
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
4 Tbsp Hot Milk
~ Let’s do this~
1. Pre heat oven to 180° Conventional or 160° fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm round tin
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition
4. Add mashed bananas and mix thoroughly. Stir Soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture
5. Fold sifted flour and baking powder into mixture then mix in choc chips
6. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 50mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
7. Cool in tin for 10mins before taking out to cool on a wire rack
8. Add toppings, Cut & Serve
Remember, you can literally use whatever your belly desires to decorate your cake – from fruit to nuts, to cream cheese to lemon frosting, you can be as creative with it as you fancy. I LOVE the look of chocolate, whipped cream and icing sugar together, and of course they go hand-in-hand & taste amazing too… but i think next time I will try cream cheese frosting & cut up walnuts….. MmmmMmMm!!